cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st.com website

CBerg
Senior

This is my complaint about the st.com website. This site is a usability nightmare.

It is completely spammend with trackers and analytics, loading tons javascript from almost everywhere, it became practically unusable.

e.g.: I needed almost 30 minutes to find a deep link to the current version of the CubeIDE windows installer. The CubeIDE landing page is bloated by such an extent with tracker and analytics javascript, blocking each other, if one is blocked by my brower, i was litteraly not able to click on the download button, because it vanished after logging in.

Pardon my french, but this sucks completely. I understand you want to do analytics, but if the user blocks those trackers, because of trust issues, then the site should work without them.

Thank you for your attention

</rant>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @CBerg

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the st.com website and apologize for any inconveniences caused. I shared your feedback internally with the responsible teams, so they can review and further analyze the website's performance.

Is there still any documentation or software from the st.com website that we can provide you with? If there is anything else we can do, please let us know.

Best,
Amelie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @CBerg

I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the st.com website and apologize for any inconveniences caused. I shared your feedback internally with the responsible teams, so they can review and further analyze the website's performance.

Is there still any documentation or software from the st.com website that we can provide you with? If there is anything else we can do, please let us know.

Best,
Amelie

Thanks for asking Amelie, but ATM I am fine.

My recommendation to the web team would be: load the analytics JS from the st.com website. Not from 10 or 20 other domains. What you do on the back-end is a completely differnt storry and does not interfere with the usability.

In General I am not against analytics, I understand you want to know how your website is used and gain information about the acceptance of your products and services, etc. But I have strong objections against getting X-rayed by (up to) 20 different analytics companies using AI to calculate the size of my socks or calculate the probablity how much I like a certain car brand (or what ever they do ;o) ...) each time I am visiting a website ...