cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST community site often very slow / unusable

debugging
Lead

The ST community site is often extremely slow, even time outs occur . You access a few pages fine and then it takes a minute or more , time out or error occur.

Often trying to Edit a port, it often fails with an error message. Accessing other website is no problem at all.

debugging_0-1715679089688.png

4 REPLIES 4
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @debugging , 

Thanks for reporting this and I am sorry you are facing those issues.

Can you share more about the performance issues you experience? This would help to further investigate:

• When this behavior started for you?
  • If possible, share the URLs where it occurred;
  • Additional screenshot of errors, if there are others than you shared. 

Just so you know, the timeout window is set for 200 minutes of inactivity, so I do not think it is the case here. 

Thanks a lot, 
    Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Can't say I've noticed any worse behaviour in recent days.

If posts are moved or edited whilst you're doing something or responding, the original post / context can change, and at that point actions cannot be completed.

Some times if you past in content you can get HTML errors and warnings, but those can usually be cleared by retrying or removing formatting/style.

Noting your location and ISP might be helpful to isolate more localized issues. The browser and extensions can also play a role.

The more specifics you can provide the more likely ST is to look at and resolve them.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello, 

For you or for any experiencing similar issues, to better investigate any website performance, it would be helpful of you to share .HAR file with me. 

HAR stands for HTTP Archive Format, a .HAR file captures detailed performance data about the web page you are loaded which can be useful in troubleshooting.

How to capture .HAR file on different browsers: 

Chrome

1. Go to the page where you are experiencing the issue.
  2. Open the Chrome menu bar and go to More Tools > Developer Tools.
  3. In the developer console that displays on the bottom of your screen, click the Network tab.
  4. Click the checkbox next to Preserve log.
  5. Now, reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  6. After you've reproduce the issue, right-click on any of the events that were captured and click Save all as HAR with Content.
  7. Drop me a private message and I will share you further details of sharing the file with me. 

Firefox

2. Open your Firefox menu bar and go to Developer > Network.  (On Mac use: Tools > Web Developer > Network)
  3. Now, reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  4. After you've reproduce the issue, right-click on any of the events that were captured and click Save All As HAR.
  5. Drop me a private message and I will share you further details of sharing the file with me. 
Microsoft Edge
  2. Open the Microsoft Edge developer console under Options > More Tools > Developer Tools.
  3. Now, reproduce the issue you are experiencing.
  4. After you've reproduce the issue, right-click on any of the events that were captured and click Save all as HAR with Content.
  5. Drop me a private message and I will share you further details of sharing the file with me. 

Let me know if anything is unclear. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Nailed the issues down. This unresponsiveness occurs when selecting "Edit Reply" in a post. Somehow the ST site remembers something for the session. A cookie or something. After closing the browser and login the site response normally again. Firefox Ubuntu 23.10 and 24.04. it is not 100% reproducable.