Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS for search

waclawekjan_0-1687119940555.png

JW

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Lina_DABASINSKAITE  ,

What does that mean? What's the purpose and what's the intended usage mode of such feature? Will the forum periodically perform this same search and refresh the RSS XML? Or will it perform the search each time the rss file is requested?

JW

Hello @waclawek.jan
The feature allows you to create search subscriptions using RSS:

• Enter your search query and click search
  • Click "Subscribe to RSS feed for this search"
  • You receive notifications via email when new posts matching your query are added to the community

Let me know if this works for you or if there is anything else you wish to have more information on.

Best,
Amelie

Hi @Amelie ACKERMANN ,

> you receive notifications via email when new posts matching your query are added to the community

Via e-mail? e-mail and RSS are two separate things. So which one is it, RSS or e-mail?

JW

OK I've played with it and now see what it does: it provides an URL which simply performs the search and formats the result as RSS. No e-mail.

The URL is quite understandable: the query goes after the q parameter. Changing it simply performs the search for the new query.

https://community.st.com/ysqtg83639/rss/search?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=RSS

Nice but I'm not sure how far it is useful in real life. I guess the search result will change not only upon new page fitting the query, but also when the search machine itself, and/or it rules, changes...

Will keep an eye on it :–)

JW

Lina_DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

I moved this here from: Solved: Forum migration lost code formatting - STMicroelectronics Community for a better problem visibility as we want to avoid multiple topics in one thread.

The RSS is an option to subscribe to a search results. 

BR,
Lina

Legacy message: 2023-06-19 08:49 AM

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.