cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum migration lost code formatting

I've noticed that for example in https://stcommunity.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-products/word-select-frequency-when-i2s-format-is-setting-to-pcm/m-p/478129 the inserted code is flowed instead of formatted as code.

ST, can this please be fixed?

@Legacy member 

23 REPLIES 23

Absolutely correct suggestion and sorry not to have looked through the list of things carefully enough myself. You see, even among ST colleagues there is still a need to learn. 🙂

BTW: smileys/emojis also do not work yet.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Speaking of learning needs - it looks like you can no longer just reply to a message in a thread like you used to, so the reply is directly below the question/message/etc in question, but always at the bottom. On the one hand, you don't get confused by many side branches that often made you lose track in the old community, on the other hand, exactly what you just criticised happens.
Summary: it is indeed better to limit threads to exactly one topic and to create a new thread for deviating topics.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Legacy member
Not applicable

> Summary: it is indeed better to limit threads to exactly one topic and to create a new thread for deviating topics.

Yes, generally, I wholeheartedly agree.

However, discussing the new forum appears to be a picky topic, your colleagues have already censored Clive's post from yesterday. So I did not want to inundate the forum with individual threads pointing out the flaws.There will be many.

JW

You can also switch to "tree view" (called "threaded" for extra confusion) of the posts lists:

waclawekjan_0-1687112139199.png

which is what was Salesforces' default and probably only view although I never liked that.

Unfortunately, Khoros botched that one, too, failing to indent the posts to indicate the tree, so I definitively don't recommend it.

JW

Legacy member
Not applicable
Legacy member
Not applicable
Legacy member
Not applicable
Legacy member
Not applicable
Legacy member
Not applicable