cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyance

luch
Associate III

I'm reading the interesting posts in the Knowledge base, and wonder, why every article title has to be repeated as the first paragraph? I know this is no paper and internet is cheap. My neurons aren't! Doesn't bother anyone this *** redundancy?! :dizzy_face:

The maintainers of this otherwise great site, don't need to do much: just delete some line of code somewhere...

I hope it's not done on purpose, just to alienate the readers. :|

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Lucian,
Thanks for clarifying.

To give you some brief historical context, the extra title was required on our previous platform to fulfill some SEO requirements. I have recently asked our current platform provider if this is still necessary, and it is not.

In the coming week, I will be revamping relevant articles to not include the extra titles. This also includes general formatting rework for older articles and updating code templates to include numbering, copy to clipboard and a "view more" functionality. I will also be considering the mobile/tablet view of the articles.

For the preview in general:
We are looking into the possibility of defining/writing the body text separately, so that the previews don't start with "Introduction" as an example, but more of a general overview of what the article contains. This is a larger customization and I cannot provide you with an ETA at this point. 

I hope that this information helps, and thanks for having a look at the articles! 

Best regards,
Laurids

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laurids_PETERSEN
Community manager
Community manager

Hi @luch,

Thanks for providing your feedback.
Just to be sure that I understand your issue, I have created 2 examples below. 

Are you referring to the body preview text when looking at the articles from a board: 

Laurids_PETERSEN_0-1716976242552.png

Or the repetition of titles in some articles like these:

Laurids_PETERSEN_1-1716976293957.png

If it's something completely different, let me know. 

Best regards,
Laurids

luch
Associate III

Thanks for the quick answer, Laurids! It is the second case... What I see (on my Kindle Fire) is a bit worse than your picture, the 2 texts being next to each other:

Screenshot_2024-05-29-14-27-04.png

Thanks again,

Lucian

Hi Lucian,
Thanks for clarifying.

To give you some brief historical context, the extra title was required on our previous platform to fulfill some SEO requirements. I have recently asked our current platform provider if this is still necessary, and it is not.

In the coming week, I will be revamping relevant articles to not include the extra titles. This also includes general formatting rework for older articles and updating code templates to include numbering, copy to clipboard and a "view more" functionality. I will also be considering the mobile/tablet view of the articles.

For the preview in general:
We are looking into the possibility of defining/writing the body text separately, so that the previews don't start with "Introduction" as an example, but more of a general overview of what the article contains. This is a larger customization and I cannot provide you with an ETA at this point. 

I hope that this information helps, and thanks for having a look at the articles! 

Best regards,
Laurids