cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Assistance with X-CUBE-AWS Package in STM32CubeIDE for BL4S5IIOT01A Board

Govardhini
Associate II

I am currently working on a project using the BL4S5IIOT01A board, where I need to send data, which is being printed on the console, to AWS IoT Core. For this purpose, I intend to utilize the X-CUBE-AWS package.

However, I am unable to find the X-CUBE-AWS package within STM32CubeIDE. Could you please guide me on how to integrate or access the X-CUBE-AWS package in STM32CubeIDE for the BL4S5IIOT01A board? Any detailed instructions or steps to resolve this issue would be highly appreciated.

i have a normal embedded led blinking code i have attached the document for your reference, please provide a guide how to link this project with aws. i refered https://catalog.us-east-1.prod.workshops.aws/workshops/b5857416-f2f6-4188-8562-053ec5f983ef/en-US workshop but they did not show the clear step like how to link data logger code with x cube aws package.

it would be great if you provide assistance on this query

6 REPLIES 6
hayat
Associate III

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-aws.html

Get version 2.0.0

This works under STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 version at the maximum.

I NEED STEPS HOW TO INTEGRATE THIS PACKAGE WITH MY NORMAL EMBEDDED PROJECT

hayat
Associate III

It's a standalone project in STM32CubeIDE environment

Launch IDE1.7.0 and import project.

Path:

C:\abx\STM32CubeExpansion_Cloud_AWS_V2.0.0\Projects\B-L4S5I-IOT01A\Applications\Cloud\aws_demos\STM32CubeIDE

hayat_0-1716555029631.png

The current project path you gave involves inbuilt sensor data collection, which is already included in the X-CUBE-AWS package. I want to integrate my custom embedded project, which uses external sensors, with this package.

hi @hayat  I need assistance in initializing an MQTT connection from STM32CubeIDE to connect with a cloud platform for the BL4S5IIOT01A board. I am facing difficulties in connecting the client with the broker. 

Govardhini_0-1717740818643.png

this is the output i am getting i have attached the main.c file and for this project i have used paho mqtt package(https://github.com/Doawen/paho.mqtt.embedded-c.git).

Try,

function pack

FP-CLD-AWS1

For the ADC, you can adopt the listed code below.

The working steps are shown in the attached file.

// --------------------------------------------------------------------

// Configure ADC1

RCC->AHB2ENR |=  1;                       /* enable GPIOA clock */     

// MODE: 00: Input mode, 01: General purpose output mode

//       10: Alternate function mode, 11: Analog mode (reset state)

GPIOA->MODER &= (unsigned int)~(0x3 << 1*2); // Clear bit PA1

GPIOA->MODER |=  (0x3 << 1*2); // Set bit PA1  Analog

/* setup ADC1 */

RCC->AHB2ENR |= 1 << 13;       /* enable ADC1 clock */

ADC1->CR = 0x10000000;         /* SW trigger, regulator enabled */

ADC1->SQR1 &= ~0xFFFFFFFF;     /* clear channel selects first */

ADC1->SQR1 |=  0x00000180;     /* set channel 6, and conversion sequence length 1 */

ADC1->CFGR = 0x3000;           /* continuous mode, Overrun = ignored */

ADC1->SMPR1 = 0x00140000;                                      // Sampling time, 92.5 cycles

ADC1_COMMON->CCR =  0x002c0000; // pre-scalar by 256

RCC->CFGR |= 1 << 4; // AHB clock pre-scalar

ADC1_COMMON->CCR |=  1 << 16;         // *** HCLK/1,2,3 (Synchronous clock mode)

ADC1->CR |= 1;        // enable ADC1       

while(!(ADC1->ISR & 1)) { } // Wait until ADC1 is ready                                                                

// --------------------------------------------------------------------

// Connect PA5 to PA1 for demonstration

while(1) {       

// DAC->CR |= 0x18000;   // Enable DAC CH2, at 80MHz

// Data to send

DAC->DHR12R2 = valueDAC++ & 0xfff; // 12-bit, right aligned, CH 2

ADC1->CR |= 0x00000004; // SW - Start a conversion

while(!(ADC1->ISR & 4)) {}  /* Wait for conversion complete */

valueADC = ADC1->DR; /* read conversion result, 12-bit, Right aligned */

// A read clears the conversion completion flag

if (valueADC >= 0x100)

GPIOB->BSRR |= (0x1 << 14); // Bit Set (PB14 ON)

else

GPIOB->BSRR |= (0x1 << (14+16)); // Bit Reset (PB14 OFF)

double temp = (double)valueADC / 4095 * 330; // In degree FO

delayUs(100);

}

} // program ends