cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-AI Sensing in STEVAL-STLKT01V1 Enable UART printf is not working.

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying using FP-AI Sensing on STEVAL-STLKT01V1 sensortile board. I enabled UART as per the instruction by enabling SENSING1_USE_PRINTF in SENSING1_config.h and SENSING1_USE_PWR_MGNT to 0. I also did 10ms delay for initialization process. But I donot recieve anything in the console after everthing followed as per the instruction. Should there be any changes to be made?

11 REPLIES 11
NOza.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I am using a STEVAL-STLKT01V1 SensorTile Kit. Please find below steps for reference.

1. I am using "en.fp-ai-sensing1.zip" SDK and "STM32L476RG-SensorTile" firmware.
  2. Set "SENSING1_USE_PRINTF" as '1' and "SENSING1_USE_PWR_MGNT" set as '0' in SENSING1_config.h file.
  3. Compiled source code in STMCube IDE (Tried on both v1.0.2 and v1.3.0) and generated a SENSING1.bin file.
  4. Flashed boot-loader and application firmware with CleanSENSING1.bat utility.
  5. I found STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port in TeraTerm. I set 115200 baud-rate, 8N1 mode, and 1 msec transmission delay.
  6. But I could not found any messages in serial port.

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hello Noza,

I followed same steps, I am also facing the same issue. It is not working for me as well, no messages from serial port.

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hello Noza,

I dont have the sensor with me right now. Did you try disabling the firewall?

NOza.1
Associate II

Hi CPutt,

I don't have device in my hand. But I can access via remotely. Will you please help me how can I disable firewall and how it can be helpful to print log on serial console?

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hi Noza,

I am not sure if it will be helpful. To disable firewall goto control panel->System and Securtiy->WIndows Defender Firewall and click windows defender firewall on or off and disable windows defender firewall if you have windows 10.

NOza.1
Associate II

Hi CPutt,

I have found strange thing. The "FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1" SDK successfully compiled and I am able to see logs on UART communication port. It means, hardware successfully working but there is an issue with "FP-AI-SENSING1" SDK.

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hi Noza,

Yes, "FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1" works for me as well, couldn't find the issue with "FP-AI-SENSING1" SDK.

NOza.1
Associate II

Hi CPutt,

Now, It is working for me. We need to virtually link "console.c" file in our project workbench and make below changes in console.c.

int __io_putchar(int ch) {
   while (CDC_Itf_Transmit((uint8_t *)&ch, 1) != USBD_OK);
   /* Transmit zero-length packet to complete transfer */
   while (CDC_Itf_Transmit((uint8_t *)&ch, 0) != USBD_OK);
   return ch;
}

int __io_getchar(void) {
   return 1;
}

Please let me know if you still facing any issue.

CPutt.1
Associate III

Hi NoZa,

Thank you very much will try this and let you know.