cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile Error (validation test) in v4.0 and no problem with v3.4 using latest SW4STM32 and Nucleo-F746 board.

SUG
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

In your project you deactivated X-Cube-AI 3.4.0 and activated X-Cube-AI 4.0.0 but both are present. This causes problem in the generated code where you have both generated.

As we don't support yet migration of projects from a previous version to the current one, I recommend starting a new project a generating the code.

Last point you have generated the code using the Advanced structure option. The AI plugin still generates the file under Src and not under Core/Src.

It seems that using the option the order of the c files in the linker command is not correct. In order to be able to link correctly you have to move the files under Src into the Core/Src directory.

This last bug will be fixed in the next release.

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

In your project you deactivated X-Cube-AI 3.4.0 and activated X-Cube-AI 4.0.0 but both are present. This causes problem in the generated code where you have both generated.

As we don't support yet migration of projects from a previous version to the current one, I recommend starting a new project a generating the code.

Last point you have generated the code using the Advanced structure option. The AI plugin still generates the file under Src and not under Core/Src.

It seems that using the option the order of the c files in the linker command is not correct. In order to be able to link correctly you have to move the files under Src into the Core/Src directory.

This last bug will be fixed in the next release.

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

As a side note, we now support automatic validation on the target with the automatic compilation and flash.

We made this feature to avoid having you to generate an intermediate project with the validation code on the target then go back in MX to lauch the validation.

Hope it helps

Regards

Daniel

SUG
Associate

Yes it was "Advanced structure option", after selecting "Basic option" the issue was solved.

And the Automatic validation is also working well.

I was looking to change baud rate in previous version and now we have option to select > 115200bps (tested upto 2Mbps).

Hope STM32G4 is supported in future version, right now i have modified the generated file to support STM32G474 and its working well.

Thanks and Regards,

Santosh

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

STM32G4 is already supported in STM32CubeMX 5.2.1, the X-Cube-AI plugin and SW4STM32.

I would recommend to move to STM32CubeIDE that is the merge of SW4STM32 and Atollic.

STM32CubeIDE is the IDE that will have the support of new MCUs.

Regards