cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I use SPC5 studio, do I need to be on a STM discovery kip or evaluation board to be able to flash and debug a board with a SPC582B or SPC584B MCU (I have also a probe SPC5-UDESTK) ?

CCOLL.2
Associate II

Hi,

I'm new in SPC5 world.

I would like to use SPC5-Studio to start my project on a SPC582B product and I would like to be able to debug it.

I have a probe SPC5-UDESTK that I have used to flash a project compiled with SPC5-Studio.

It is not clear if I need to by some licences or if I can continue with free licence.

I have also read that the debug purposes of SPC5-studio is only available on STM development kits. Is-it the case ?

Do I need to use PLS UDE STK tool to debug a project or, is-it possible using SPC5-studio directly ? do I need to buy a new licence in order to debug ?

Thanks,

Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello,

for SPC582B-DIS , (Discovery Kit)

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/spc582b-dis.html

you do need SPC5-UDESTK just a USB Mini cable is enough to flash and debug

for SPC582B (Motherboard and Mini-Module)

you need SPC5-UDESTK and USB Mini cable

It includes a perpetual, full-feature, limited code-size (256 kBytes) license. (Flash and debug)

it is often enough for projects

Best Regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee

Hello,

for SPC582B-DIS , (Discovery Kit)

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/spc582b-dis.html

you do need SPC5-UDESTK just a USB Mini cable is enough to flash and debug

for SPC582B (Motherboard and Mini-Module)

you need SPC5-UDESTK and USB Mini cable

It includes a perpetual, full-feature, limited code-size (256 kBytes) license. (Flash and debug)

it is often enough for projects

Best Regards

Erwan

CCOLL.2
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

But, if I do not use a STM board (I have a prototype done by a customer), is SPC5 studio able to debug on it ?

We plan to make a new project based on the same SPC582B or 4B chip and I would like to use this board to work on it during the pre-study.

Rgds,

Christophe

Hello Christophe ,

I hope that the JTAG port is well present and well plugged in your prototype board.

SPC5-UDESTK could be plugged.

Anyway , SPC5 Studio is eclipse based.

It is possible to install to additional plugins (TRACE32,PLS UDE or others compliant for PPC VLE e200z) , debug and flash.

Best Regards

Erwan

CCOLL.2
Associate II

Hi,

Yes, on the previous project, JTAG was used to flash the board only so, I assume that it is physicaly OK.

Thanks for the info about plugins, I have just installed the UDE plugin.

I will check how many signals are available in the JTAG interface but, as we have already a trace32 probe (even if I suppose that we need a specific interface for SPC5), it could be interresting to use it during this pre-study.

Rgds,

Christophe

jmary
Associate III

Hi, I create spc5-udestk from the SPC574 discovery board schematic.

Anyone willing to send me the ude memtool flash programmer?