Did you mean: 

what is the Max Single Supply voltage of a TDA7265 Amp IC

RWood.5
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The TDA7265 can also be operated with a single supply if you connect the output load (speakers) DC-free via capacitors. An example can be found in the data sheet, Figure 2.

The supply voltage can then be correspondingly high, i.e. 40V for the recommended range, but must never exceed 50V (data sheet, page 2: 25V-(-25V) = 50V).

If you use this voltage range, the output capacitors should also have a voltage rating of at least 50V, better 80V.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Piranha
Chief II

First, there is not single supply option for these amplifiers. Second, the supply voltages ar clearly written in the datasheet.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The TDA7265 can also be operated with a single supply if you connect the output load (speakers) DC-free via capacitors. An example can be found in the data sheet, Figure 2.

The supply voltage can then be correspondingly high, i.e. 40V for the recommended range, but must never exceed 50V (data sheet, page 2: 25V-(-25V) = 50V).

If you use this voltage range, the output capacitors should also have a voltage rating of at least 50V, better 80V.

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDPOKQA4.png

Piranha..... this is in the date sheet, page 2 of 11 "clearly" says Single Supply application

Thanks so much, that was the answer I was hoping for, just didn't know if being refrenced to ground that it would limit the max +25V.

Great!

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

Indeed...