cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDA7563B DD (POwerSO36)

hke.1
Associate II

The original TDA7563BDD is replaced by TDA7563BPD. What is the upgrade after the upgrade? Please explain in detail. Thanks. Maybe we can replace the chip with a better one. Any recommendations? Not afraid of expensive. Just as long as it's good.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @hke.1​, to the community!

There was/is no TDA7563BDD, what you mean is an additional marking DD not being part of the ordering information. If it's not a fake, it's the TDA7563BPD.

And because the component has not been discontinued and still is in full production, I'm moving it from Discontinued Products to Audio Amplifiers.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
hke.1
Associate II

Is there a better chip to replace it?

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

How do you define "better chip"?

If you equate that with "more output power", then it has to be at least doubled so that you get a significantly noticeable increase in volume - the ear perceives volume changes as logarithmic. In this case, however, you would not get any further with a Class-AB amplifier, since the achievable output power depends on both the supply voltage (classic in automotive is about 14...15V) and the load resistance (minimum 1 ohm) and you would have to switch to a Class-D amplifier.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
hke.1
Associate II

My amplifier supply voltage - +24v. step up to 24V Can I replace the best chip?

Elektronik
Associate

Hello St Experts,
I have a question regarding TDA7563B.
in my BMW Radio is TDA7563B DD installed. And in the market i found only TDA7563B PD.

What is the difference between DD and PD?

Many thanks for the help
HD

Welcome @Elektronik, to the community!

Did you read my first posts in this thread?

Regards
/Peter