cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get audio input via 3.5mm jack

yetgintarikk
Associate

I am using STM3210C-EVAL board. It has a audio jack port. Datasheet says i can play audio but i couldn't find anything about audio input.

My question is:
Can i record audio using a 3.5mm jack microphone via this jack input? And does this jack port support I2S protocol?

If not, what is the best way to get audio input?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Onboard is a DAC -> speaker (headphone) output :

AScha3_0-1706974118001.png

>Can i record audio using a 3.5mm jack microphone via this jack input?

no.

>If not, what is the best way to get audio input?

There a BNC -> ADC input connectors:

AScha3_1-1706974263302.png

This is the only way i see , to get a audio signal to the board (+ needs a preamp, you have to build).

Other way to play audio : have audio file on the sd-card and make a program to play via the DAC.

btw

AScha3_2-1706974542606.png

This is a very old (+ expensive!) board and i recommend for any audio use to buy something more up to date ( and cheaper).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

Onboard is a DAC -> speaker (headphone) output :

AScha3_0-1706974118001.png

>Can i record audio using a 3.5mm jack microphone via this jack input?

no.

>If not, what is the best way to get audio input?

There a BNC -> ADC input connectors:

AScha3_1-1706974263302.png

This is the only way i see , to get a audio signal to the board (+ needs a preamp, you have to build).

Other way to play audio : have audio file on the sd-card and make a program to play via the DAC.

btw

AScha3_2-1706974542606.png

This is a very old (+ expensive!) board and i recommend for any audio use to buy something more up to date ( and cheaper).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks for reply,

Just to be sure, i can use i2s MEMS microphone module via pins right? I can configure pins for i2s on CubeIDE.

Yes,  i2s MEMS microphone module via pins on pin header is possible, if you can configure pins for i2s master to free (unused) pins . (I have no circuit of this board, so i cannot see; you have to check, if there are the I2S pins free to use.)