cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE, during debugging the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q board ADC12_common register is missing in SFRs window.

Skfir
Senior

Hello friends!

I am quite new in STM32 programming. Today I was fighting with the ADC1 module and during debugging found out that the SFRs window didn't have the ADC12_COMMON registers section! Is it really so, or I simply cannot find it there? I program the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q board.

Also a tiny suggestion to the "big" 3000+ page user guide. In order to be able to successfully turn on the ADC1 LDO supply, it is necessary first to switch off the VDDA isolation in the PWR->SVMCR register. Yet, this fact isn't mentioned in the ADC1 section of the guide, so I almost broke my head trying to figure out why the ADC1 LDORDY flag didn't set! Hours later I found the solution in the internet. Since the guide is over 3000 pages, one cannot read it from top to bottom every day, so it would be extremely helpful, if the fact, that VDDA isolation must be turned off before the ADC1 supply turns on, was also mentioned in the ADC1 section.

Thank you guyz. Happy to be here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir​ welcome to the Community 🙂,

This issue is already reported in this Post.

To solve your problem, a correct STM32U575.svd file is shared for you in the below.

​Internal ticket number: 128423 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you for your contribution in the ST community.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir​ welcome to the Community 🙂,

This issue is already reported in this Post.

To solve your problem, a correct STM32U575.svd file is shared for you in the below.

​Internal ticket number: 128423 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you for your contribution in the ST community.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Skfir
Senior

Thank you Kaouthar! Could you please let me know, where exactly to drop this file?

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Skfir​,

1.Extract the file.

2.Open STM32CubeIDE.

3.Click Window -> Show View -> SFRs.

4.Click Configure SVD settings as shown in the below figure.

0693W00000WJWFYQA5.png5. Browse the .SVD file shared with you.

0693W00000WJWGCQA5.png6.After that you can see the ADC12_CCR in the SFRs window as shown in the below figure. 0693W00000WJWLRQA5.pngThank you for your contribution in the ST community.

Kaouthar

Skfir
Senior

Worked like charm! Thank you my friend.