cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup partitions from SD card image and to flash it later?

NGajic
Associate III

Hi everyone,

I'm interested how can someone backup rootfs, vendorfs etc and later use that to flash via the STM32CubeProgrammer? Is using the dd good way to do it?

Best regards,

Nenad

2 REPLIES 2
OlivierK
ST Employee

Hi NGajic (Community Member)

You can certainly backup ext4 partitions or the entire image to another flash after mounting it (SDcard/USB dongle). I would use dd as it is straightforward. Then flash the partition back for later use using STM32CubeProgrammer.

If you have an SDcard reader, it is a no brainer job. Otherwise use the board USB mass storage feature in u-boot (in a boot console), ums 0 mmc 0 if you have USB connected (usb OTG on DK2 board)

Best Regards,

Olivier

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

maybe some help on this page: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_populate_the_SD_card_with_dd_command

which is describing the reverse way (from local binaries to SD image), but I think analyzing the script could bring information how to do the reverse (from SD image to local binaries).

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.