cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Standard Peripheral library for STM32F37x/38x. Download link, returns packages for STM32(F0) architecture - not F3.

RTong.1
Associate II

I'm trying to download the standard peripheral library for my STM32373C eval board based on the STM32F37... I would like to have access to examples since it seems as though the STMCube IDE does not support the evaluation board yet, nor the examples for this part. It only supports a new project with all of the bare necessities.

Download link:

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stsw-stm32115.html#documentation

8 REPLIES 8
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @RTong.1​  and welcome to the STM32 Community :)

The package STSW-STM32115 contains the standard peripherals library for STM32F30x (not STM32F0).

You can also download the STM32373C-EVAL demonstration firmware from this STSW-STM32114 package.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
RTong.1
Associate II

Sorry, I'm new to the ST system. Will STM32F30x work with STM32F37x? On the release notes, it states the following supported processors:

• STM32F303xC, STM32F303xE, STM32F302x8 and STM32F334x8 devices

(F37x is missing)

Thanks for the earlier response!

Hi @RTong.1​ ,

I will check internally the reason of STM32F37x missing and I will come back to you with details.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I’ve asked the appropriate team to fix the Standard Peripherals Library for STM32F37x/38x.

They are working on this and I'll make sure to post updates here as soon as I have update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we work on this. 

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Here is v1.0.0 of the F37x DSP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E70Bsg6NkXG8S2fqCJC_IQWkmJgQm7Z4/view?usp=sharing

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you! I actually found what I was looking for - a bunch of examples on how to use drivers for the F37x; with the added benefit that they're based on the newer HAL API. I found it here at STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32F3 series (HAL, Low-Layer APIs and CMSIS, USB, File system, RTOS, Touch Sensing, Graphic - and examples running on ST boards), although you'd think that it'd be available directly through STMCubeIDE...

Hi Imen,

Yes, I think that the link is pointing to the wrong set of files. You should fix that to point to the newer version of the files that "Tesla DeLorean" pointed me to.

I found the answer to my question though, here: STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32F3 series (HAL, Low-Layer APIs and CMSIS, USB, File system, RTOS, Touch Sensing, Graphic - and examples running on ST boards)

Although it was a very confusing process in arriving at that discovery, because the download sounds like it's a patch for STMCubeIDE, which it isn't... it's a group of examples.

Ideally, as a user of STMCubeIDE, all of the examples should be accessible from the IDE itself. It seems as though the IDE can only produce a minimal template project for the F37x...

Thank you.