cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee stack for STM32WB30 with CubeMX

Wisse Pielage
Associate II

Hi,

I'm looking to create an zigbee endpoint device. I've selected the STM32WB30 for my project and have been configuring in CubeMX. This all goes well.

Now I need to flash an wireless stack to the M0, but there is no zigbee stack for the STM32WB30.

Does CubeMX put the stack in the user app for the STM32WB30 and work with the MAC 802.15.4 fw? Or is what I'm trying not possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Indeed, the ZigBee stack is missing in this release. It should be available in the next V1.11 release. The STM32WB30 perfectly supports a ZigBee stack in its 512KB Flash memory configuration. The application note AN5451 describes what is possible to do with this device.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​All RF stacks related to STM32WB30/35 are located under the directory STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB3x.

Please read the release notes to get the addresses where to load those stacks.

Wisse Pielage
Associate II

For the STM32WB3x there is no zigbee RF stack in that folder, only for the STM32WB5x. Does that mean that we can't make an zigbee endpoint with the STM32WB30?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Indeed, the ZigBee stack is missing in this release. It should be available in the next V1.11 release. The STM32WB30 perfectly supports a ZigBee stack in its 512KB Flash memory configuration. The application note AN5451 describes what is possible to do with this device.

Wisse Pielage
Associate II

Thanks for the info!

Is there any information of when V1.11 expected?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​V1.11 is expected by mid Q1.