cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will TouchGFX ever support STM32H745I DISCO Board?

MHirt.1
Associate

Hi,

do you know if the STM32H745I-DISCO Board will ever be supported by TouchGFX. Or is there already an easy way to use TouchGFX with this board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

This board is the same as STM32H750B-DK except for different (but pin compatible) mcu. Firmware for STM32H750B-DK should work on STM32H745I-DISCO as well (just disable the M4 core). For the STM32H750B-DK there's a sample TouchGFX project at the usual place.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

This board is the same as STM32H750B-DK except for different (but pin compatible) mcu. Firmware for STM32H750B-DK should work on STM32H745I-DISCO as well (just disable the M4 core). For the STM32H750B-DK there's a sample TouchGFX project at the usual place.

Has this been tried? Is there specific steps involved?

Thanks.

I didn't check this, but: clear BOOT_CM4 bit in FLASH_OPTSR_CUR or FLASH_OPTSR_PRG resp., then upload the firmware.

If you want to use the M4-core, you could add a separate firmware image for the M4, adjust its boot address, vector table, stack area, common linker file etc. This requires a fair amount of extra work, so that the M4 and the M7 cores do not interfere with each other.

As the dual-core concept here is non-symmetric, the idea would be to delegate some low-level but maybe real-time tasks to the M4, supervised by the M7, (which handles the gui, too). In a similar way as for the WB family (M0+ handles the radio stack, M4 is for application).