cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on virtualization capabilities on STM32MP1x SoC

AAGan
Associate

Greetings everyone

There is a wiki article (closed to the public) about enabling Jailhouse on STM32MP1x that lead me to believe that the STM32MP15x 's Dual Cortex-A7 cores implement the Virtualization Extensions.

To my understanding, the reference manuals do not state anything about its implementation, apart from its support reported in the GIC and Debug sections.

I need some clarity about this matter: Does anybody know if the Virtualization Extensions are implemented on the STM32MP15x's cores but not (yet?) documented in the ST reference manuals?

Link to the referenced article: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_enable_Jailhouse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

I confirm that virtualization extensions are present in all STM32MP1 series Cortex-A7 core(s).

This is clearly stated in datasheet (see section 3.1, of e.g. STM32MP157C datasheet DS12505)

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hello,

I confirm that virtualization extensions are present in all STM32MP1 series Cortex-A7 core(s).

This is clearly stated in datasheet (see section 3.1, of e.g. STM32MP157C datasheet DS12505)

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Great!

I am working towards bringing Jailhouse on a STM32MP157A and I really needed this confirmation. To be honest, I was expecting a more explicit statement in the datasheets, regarding the Virtualization Extensions, in a similar fashion to what is reported for analogous products on the market.

Thank you for your answer