cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble building meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyzer ("backend.c:49:10: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory")

JCant.1
Associate III

I need assistance building the https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser project. I have the Distribution-Package building successfully, but when I follow the instructions for the example meta layer, I get the following:

| backend.c:49:10: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

| #include <gtk/gtk.h>

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~

| compilation terminated.

I’ve tried a manual “bitbake gtk+3�? to no avail. I’ve also tried uncommenting line 7 of https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser/blob/thud/recipes-graphics/st-software/logic-analyser-backend/Makefile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed this works with 1.2.0, without modification from the git repo. Thank you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JCant.1​ 

Thanks for reporting this.

Issue has been fix. You can refetch.

Sorry for inconvenience

BR,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for getting back to me. What am I supposed to refetch? The repo at https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/meta-st-stm32mpu-app-logicanalyser hasn't been updated since Jan 9.

Indeed fix was not yet push

Should be ok now.

Don't be afraid with V1.2 compatibility ( next release coming soon), it might work with V1.1.0.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

When is V1.2 going to be released?

After pulling down a fresh clone of the logicanalyzer example, I get the following:

ERROR: Layer 'stm-st-stm32mp-app-logicanalyser' depends on layer 'stm-st-stm32mp-mx', but this layer is not enabled in your configuration

MCATR
Associate II

1.2.0 should be available by next Wednesday.

MCATR
Associate II

To fix issue of compilation, you can update the Makefile with:

# This Makefile is provided as an example of how to build a process that can

# communicate with a Storyboard application. It may require modifications in

# order to build on your host system. Please see ReadMe.html for a complete

# explanation

# Linux users add this

CFLAGS2 = -Wall $(shell pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0)

LDFLAGS2 = $(shell pkg-config --libs gtk+-3.0) -lpthread -lm -lc

LDFLAGS3 = -lpthread

all: backend keyboard

backend: backend.c

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS2) -o $@ $^ $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS2)

keyboard: keyboard.c

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $@ $^ $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS3)

This is identical with the Makefile I've been using. I also just performed a "repo sync" in openstlinux-4.19-thud-mp1-19-10-09. Do I just need to wait until next Wed?

MCATR
Associate II

If you are sure of your Makefile, then yes, just wait for the 1.2.0

Indeed this works with 1.2.0, without modification from the git repo. Thank you.