cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using the STM32F0 discovery board and trying to interface it with a Tianma TFT display. I need help to find a library file for display driver IC ST7789vi, using 3-wire SPI interface (MOSI, SCK & CS).

Santhosh_India
Associate II

I'm working on a project using STM32F0 discovery board and we bought a TFT LCD from a local distributor, part number TM028HDHG59. The datasheet they sent mentioned it has the driver IC ST7789vi and it has RGB/3-wire SPI interface. Since I'm new to STM32 controller programming, i chose to use SPI interface, because i have experience using SPI in 8-bit controllers.

The issues I'm facing are, not able to find a suitable library file, mainly because the pinout in the datasheet didnt mention a DC pin. I'll attach the picture of the display and its datasheet.

I have asked support from the local distributor, but they can provide support for Renesas controllers only. Changing controllers means I have to spend more time to learn and get used to it and i cant afford the time.

I would appreciate any help provided, Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

You might have to write one.

Check the BSP for different Cube repositories, beyond just the F0 series one.

Check with the display/board vendor for example source to use/port.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I'm pretty new to STM32 controller. I have only worked with 8-bit controllers, like PIC16F and Arduino Uno. Writing a library is well beyond me. I actually tried though, but i didnt understand much.

Vendor will provide support, but for Renesas controllers only and I cant change controllers now.

I have found some ILI9341 libraries, which i read in the net, is similar to ST7789. But my display doesnt have a DC pin. So I cant use the ILI9341 library, because it uses DC pin.

But beyond the specifics of the Renasas SPI interface, presumably most everything else will be the same? You'll need to leverage the materials you can get.

...\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Drivers\BSP\Components\st7789h2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks very much. I'll try that out and will update the results here.