cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a message on STM32F413-Disco LCD?

idrissmc
Associate III

Can someone helps me how to use the LCD on the STM32F413H-Disco, I want to display a message on it.

Have you got some suggestions please?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael E
ST Employee

As you can see in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32CubeProjectsList.html" file, you can use example "LCD_PicturesFromSDCard".

You can find it under this path "C:\Users\YOURNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_PicturesFromSDCard".

Use SW4STM32 project if your IDE is STM32CubeIDE, both are compatible.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Try looking at and building some of the board specific examples provided in the CubeF4 archive.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
N. SANTINI
ST Employee

​Indeed, an example using the LCD is provided in the L4 Cube Firmware package :

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Applications\STemWin

Best regards,

Where can I find this? I tried, I searched but I didn’t find it

Where?

Have you installed/updated the "STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1" package thrue STM32CubeMX or STM32CubeIDE?

If it's downloaded, the default path is "C:\Users\YOURNAME\STM32Cube\Repository"

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes Michael in both CubeMX and CubeIDE under 1.24.1, but I can’t understand where to find some examples to display on my LCD for example! Can you help me please, I’m in trouble :(

Michael E
ST Employee

As you can see in "C:\Users\YOURNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32CubeProjectsList.html" file, you can use example "LCD_PicturesFromSDCard".

You can find it under this path "C:\Users\YOURNAME\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.1\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_PicturesFromSDCard".

Use SW4STM32 project if your IDE is STM32CubeIDE, both are compatible.

you see Michael, I have some errors in #include, I didn't find the #include "stm32f413h_discovery.h" 0690X000009YSANQA4.png

N. SANTINI
ST Employee

​Check if the file is present on the disk, if so you may have an issue linked with a "too long path" for "path", this is typical in Eclipse...

Then you need to copy the project to a folder near your hard drive root, e.g. C:\Temp.

But be carefull, you will need to copy the example folder as well as as other folders that are common to all F4 boards (drivers, middleware).

To do it quickly, just copy the entire Cube Firmware to C:\Temp, so you can verify that the build is fine.

In principle the dependencies are reference with relative paths (include, lib).

Then you will remove useless folders.

In principle you should keep the following folder structure (and even then you should be able to remove some) :

C:\Temp\Drivers\BSP\Components

C:\Temp\Drivers\BSP\STM32F413H-Discovery

C:\Temp\Drivers\CMSIS

C:\Temp\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver

C:\Temp\Middleware

C:\Temp\Projects\STM32F413H-Discovery\Applications\Display\LCD_PicturesFromSDCard

Best regards,