cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX and Visual Studio no longer in sync

Zui
Senior

Good morning.

Im working from several day in a project on touchGFX (atm prototyping on a STM32F746G-DISCO board), but today when i make a modification on touchGFX, this won't appear in visual studio simulator, and ofc it won't compile( it does compile and run on TouchGFX)

how can i fix this?

Thanks

Stefano

4 REPLIES 4
cameronf
Senior

What compiler errors do you see for the simulator build? Most likely issue sounds like things were added to the GUI code base referencing STM target specific code that won't compile in the simulator, but take a look at the specific compiler errors for the simulator first.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Zui​,

What's the status of this? Can you check your .touchgfx file? If there's no postgenerate command to update the msvs project then it won't get updated. Which version of TouchGFX is this?

/Martin

Zui
Senior

thanks for answer, well, i had to recover a backup ad redo the lost work (mostly annoying redrawing on touchGFX designer and copy/paste the code.

i just checked the .touchGFX file, and yes, i found this command:

"GenerateAssetsCommand": "make -f simulator/gcc/Makefile assets -j10",

"PostGenerateCommand": "touchgfx update_project --project-file=../EWARM/FiorenzatoTouchGFX.ewp --gui-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/gui --generated-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/generated",

btw sometimes when this error occurred i see that the generated files are present, but are in "external dependencies" instead of appear as they shoud be (so in generated/gui/generated for the base file ecc

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

According to that command, it will only update the EWARM (IAR) project. Did you modify it in some way?

Try adding (modify the path accordingly) which will also update the MSVS project:

" && touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj"