cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My custom slider widget is not invalidating properly

JunBeom Kim
Associate II

Dear Sir,

I am working with customer using TouchGFX.

Because I am BSP porting engineer, I don't know TouchGFX application in detail.

My customer is tring to implement custom Slider widget with number indicator of slider image.

But, there is flicker problem whenever slider is moved.

Please could you check that where is this problem ?

Best Regards,

JunBeom Kim / EmbedCoreTech.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

What i think is happening is that, since you want to update the images all the time, you're basically resetting the "viewport" even if your slider has a viewport of the background image which is 50%, so the glitches you see should be happening around each time you change numbers on the knob. I've verified this in your project.

I guess it's not designed to be used that way. You could create a specialized class that can change only the knob image for the slider and does nothing else. Currently you can only set all the images at once, because you're not expected to change them after init.

/Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @JunBeom Kim​,

Can you give some more detail? Is this an issue on both simulator and target?

/Martin

JunBeom Kim
Associate II

Yes, this problem is on both side. you can check this on simulator in first.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Okay, i'll check the project when i have some extra time and get back to you.

/Martin

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

What i think is happening is that, since you want to update the images all the time, you're basically resetting the "viewport" even if your slider has a viewport of the background image which is 50%, so the glitches you see should be happening around each time you change numbers on the knob. I've verified this in your project.

I guess it's not designed to be used that way. You could create a specialized class that can change only the knob image for the slider and does nothing else. Currently you can only set all the images at once, because you're not expected to change them after init.

/Martin