cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody has working codes for STM32F446RE and mcufirend 3.5 touch TFT (320 x 480)

MNapi
Senior III

It is so easy to get the display working with Arduino. I cannot find any examples or libraries. F446 has the nice arduino connector and you just plug the TFT in. I am surprised that STM does not supply any working projects unlike in Arduino community. It is just impossible to get it working for beginner.

Or any other solution different board and TFT touch display as long as it is at least 320 x 480 or bigger

3 REPLIES 3

>> I am surprised that STM does not supply any working projects unlike in Arduino community.

Generally they support the DISCO and EVAL boards and displays with examples, rather than random user generated combinations. If you want a simple experience stay within the walled garden.

There is a the STM32F469I-DISCO https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f469idiscovery.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MNapi
Senior III

It does not solve the problem it comes like all STM32 without sample programs and libraries. I have seen a few STM boards with integrated TFT and no sample programs and libraries to get the TFT working. So unlike arduino it is not for beginners.

So if I could get the STM32F446RE and 3.5 inch mcufriend touch TFT working

Clark Sann
Senior

I recently posted instructions to get a STM32F746G-DISCO board working with TouchGFX. If you could be happy with 480x272 resolution, it's now pretty easy to get the 746G-DISCO board working. It now takes me about 10 minutes to get a TouchGFX GUI working, not including the time to develop the GUI using the TouchGFX Designer. I bet that time will drop dramatically as ST will probably fix some or all of the problems my article addresses.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AAHSjZSQX/how-to-get-a-working-touchgfx-project-working-with-stm32f746gdisco-board-and-sw4stm32

If you absolutely must have higher resolution, I suspect, but I am not sure, the procedure will also help you get a 469i-DISCO board working.

Also the firmware for the 469i-DISCO contains a Demonstration folder that contains a TouchGFX project. I am pretty sure that project is NOT built with CubeMX though. That will make it difficult to use it with CubeMX in the future.