cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not install stm32cubemx on mac

lo_529
Associate III
Posted on August 08, 2017 at 10:56

I download the en.stm32cubemx.zip file from st.com website, but can't install it.

When I double-click the SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.22.0.app, nothing happen. 

my java version is :

╰─

$

java -version

java version '1.8.0_111'

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

And the system OS is 10.12.6, should be the latest version.

10 REPLIES 10
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on August 09, 2017 at 14:16

Hi

guo.xinwen

‌,

This is internally reported for review. We will keep you posted about any further update.

Khouloud.

john doe
Lead
Posted on August 09, 2017 at 15:28

been broken this way for many versions now. open a terminal window and cd into the installer's directory and

sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.22.0.exe and it should install.

Posted on August 14, 2017 at 09:11

Thank you for your reply. I have install the application with your method. But when I startup the STM32CubeMX, the app will use a lot of CPU, seems like it is checking something as the 'Checking' button showing.

Can you help me fix this problem? 

Posted on August 14, 2017 at 09:12

Installation is OK with the method of john dos, but there's still problem when I open the application. Why it is so hard to use it on the Mac OS?

Sirma Siang
ST Employee
Posted on September 12, 2017 at 09:41

Hello

guo.xinwen

I would like first to thank you for your symptoms reporting.

This problem is link with a MacOSx new security feature.

You can refer to this links:

http://krypted.com/mac-security/app-translocation-services-os-x-10-12/

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/releasenotes/MacOSX/WhatsNewInOSX/Articles/OSXvhtml

When a zip, or dmg, is dowloaded from the web, an attribute is automatically added (

com.apple.quarantine).

Because of this, the execution is done in a sandbox context, underprivate/var/folder/xxxxx directory.

In case of cubemx, the app is launched in the sandbox, and it refer to ../../../Setupxxxx.exe file, which does not exist in the sandbox context -> thus file not found error (message reported in the console - system.log).

The workaround is to launch the installation by the java -jar command line.

We are looking if this behave can be avoided.

Kind regards

Sirma

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 10:16

I have installed the CubeMX by the java -jar method, but when I startup CubeMX, it will use lot of cpu, seems like it is checking update on the backgroud. And the checking will alway going on, no stop.

�自网易邮箱大师

在2017年09月12日 15:42,Sirma Siang<st-microelectronics@jiveon.com> 写�:

|

|

STMicroelectronics Community

|

|

You have been mentioned

by Sirma Siangin Re: can not install stm32cubemx on mac in STMicroelectronics Community - View Sirma Siang's reference to you

Hello guo.xinwen,

I would like first to thank you for your symptoms reporting.

This problem is link with a MacOSx new security feature.

You can refer to this links:

App Translocation Services In OS X 10.12 - krypted.com

macOS Sierra 10.12

When a zip, or dmg, is dowloaded from the web, an attribute is automatically added (com.apple.quarantine).

Because of this, the execution is done in a sandbox context, under private/var/folder/xxxxx directory.

In case of cubemx, the app is launched in the sandbox, and it refer to ../../../Setupxxxx.exe file, which does not exist in the sandbox context -> thus file not found error (message reported in the console - system.log).

The workaround is to launch the installation by the java -jar command line.

We are looking if this behave can be avoided.

Kind regards

Sirma

Participate in the conversation by replying to this email

This email was sent by STMicroelectronics Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from STMicroelectronics Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

|

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 13:52

Have you settup your connection parameters ?

Enterring in Help->Updater Settings, does the Check Connection button is green (or a red cross appears) ?

KR

Sirma

Posted on September 12, 2017 at 15:32

If I click 'Updater Settings' button, CubeMx show the message box with 'Updater is already in use and checking Server. Then, please retry launching the updater after few seconds'

But the checking will not stop. and the 'Checking' button is gray, seems like checking is on going. You can see that in the attachment.

I am wondering if you have use the CubeMx on Mac. If on your computer, the program runs OK, I can try to reinstall it again.

�?�自网易邮箱大师

在2017年09月12日 19:52,Sirma Siang<st-microelectronics@jiveon.com> 写�?�:

|

|

STMicroelectronics Community

|

|

Re: can not install stm32cubemx on mac

reply from Sirma Siang in STM32 MCUs Forum - View the full discussion

Have you settup your connection parameters ?

Enterring in Help->Updater Settings, does the Check Connection button is green (or a red cross appears) ?

KR

Sirma

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on STMicroelectronics Community

Start a new discussion in STM32 MCUs Forum by email or at STMicroelectronics Community

Following Re: can not install stm32cubemx on mac in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by STMicroelectronics Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from STMicroelectronics Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

|

Attachments :

�幕快照 2017-09-12 䞋�9.29.31.png : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HySA&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000b7r%2FPDUkjMIn1lDOb6Fr2cWT7qsQjZ1I6HJkoLKmw2DtJHE&asPdf=false
Sirma Siang
ST Employee
Posted on September 13, 2017 at 09:58

I am using an up to dated MacOSx machine.

Cube is running fine.

Delete the .app and reinstall it might be a good idea.

Kind regards

Sirma