cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output a processor netlist from Cube into Altium

Posted on June 19, 2017 at 21:42

Being the firmware guy, I get to beat on the hardware guy to give reasonable names in Cube for the pins on the processor.

It would be fair payback if Cube could generate some sort of netlist that hardware guy can import into Altium so he doesn't have to re-enter all of the names (with the associated mis-types and putting stuff on the wrong pins).

Can I suggest this as a future enhancement?

Thanks

Andrei from The Great White North

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on June 21, 2017 at 14:02

Hello

Chichak.Andrei

Your suggestion is raised internally to CubeMx team.

Please take into accountthe difference between Cube and CubeMx words.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on June 29, 2017 at 23:53

So, the Cube and CubeMx names.

What are the guidelines here, since I write about this product regularly?

The name of the product is STM32CubeMX, which is a bit long and unpronounceable.

Does ST prefer we refer to it as CubeMX, CubeMx, only use the full name?

Is there something else named Cube that is confusing?  (even though it is pronounceable?)

Andrei

Posted on June 30, 2017 at 03:49

I guess CubeMX refers to the GUI code generator pc software, and Cube just the for SDK in the usual sense (containing library, drivers, examples, API docs.)

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 29, 2018 at 11:05

Hi

Chichak.Andrei

For my understanding, could you please give me a precise example of the netlist you would expect from CubeMX (format, shematics?, only text?...)?

For your information, we will keep your suggestion in mind (not only). However, this is not the priority today to see this change integrated in CubeMX but I fully understand your need and please, give us all the details you have in mind in case we would like to integrate this feature in the future.

BR

Jeanne