cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01SA saving html file

Lori B.
Associate III
Posted on October 03, 2014 at 11:57

Hi! I'm using a SPWF01SA with daughter-board and USB dongle.

I'm comunicating using AT commands, through Docklight.

I'm trying to create a new HTML file and everything works fine using the proper commands. I create the file, then I write the HTML code using the ''append'' command and finally I save the current settings.

After that I am able to print the file correctly and event to access it through Wifi connection from my host.

The problem is that after resetting the module or simply disconnecting it from power, the file disappears. What is the problem with the module? Should I do something else to save the file I wrote to non-volatile memory or something like that? Thanks!

#spwf01sa-wifi-html
1 REPLY 1
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 04:30

Hi,

sorry for delay.

- You can create/delete/write/append HTML files into the RAM of the module. This means, it is cleared after reset.

- If you want to store HTML files into module, and if you have a SPWF01Sx.1y (module integrating 1Mb flash), you can do it. Build an ''*.img'' file, starting from a directory on PC containing final target filesystem, and then perform an over-the-air update, through AT+S.HTTPDFSUPDATE command.

- HTML files stored into internal flash of the module cannot be modified.

Summary:

- Files into module RAM can be created/modified at runtime through AT commands, but are lost during a reset

- Files into flash cannot be modified at runtime (can only be read), but are kept in memory also during reset

- Files into external flash of the module cannot be modified at runtime (can be read and deleted by AT command), are loaded through OTA command, and resists to reset