cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of keys or data should require to get access of already provisioned #BluetoothMesh Node ?

vikrant more
Associate II
Posted on May 21, 2018 at 09:26

Is all 3 keys (NET, APP, DEV) important to access already provisioned &sharpBluetoothMesh NODE over GATT / ADV Bearer ?

OR

Assume with &sharpBlueNRG-Mesh App, user has provisioned multiple NODEs & delete the App.

And there is now hardware mechanism available to unprovision them.

Now what data APP should store on cloud from .json file to handle following cases ( NET Key is must ...besides that ) ??

1) only to unprovision NODE (I think, individual's Device key requires in this case. Am I right ?)

2) to fetch data from NODE to re-create complete .json file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could we allow user to generate APP & NET Keys using his login credentials ?

##bluetoothmesh
3 REPLIES 3
alok
Senior
Posted on May 22, 2018 at 14:55

Here are the comments against your questions:

1) only to unprovision NODE (I think, individual's Device key requires in this case. Am I right ?)

---> Yes, Device key is a must for unprovisioning,

2) to fetch data from NODE to re-create complete .json file

----> This point if not so clear. It is not possible to fetch the data node if the keys are lost.

3) 

Could we allow user to generate APP & NET Keys using his login credentials ?

-----> Sure,instead of random numbers, the known numbers can be used for generating the keys

Please note that all the info is already stored in the JSON file created by the Apps. So, you can use it in a ready to use way

Posted on May 23, 2018 at 07:48

My goal is to completely avoid cloud service to save .json file.

Idea is to take some data from user to create (assuming he will not forget it in any case) NET & APP Key.

As per my understanding, every NODE has its uniquely generated DEVICE Key which is random & can't be set (using user login credentials) as we could do it in case of NET & APP Key. Am I right ?

Now assume Provisioner app only knows what are NET & APP Keys but don't know what is individual DEVICE key. In that case

1) can Provisioner APP connect with node or n/w ?

2) can it re-create complete .json file by fetching data from NODE (for eg. DEVICE Key, subscribing & publishing address of every available model on Node etc. etc. ) ?

3) If yes,  is then provisioner App has to individually connect to every node OR by just connecting to one proxy node can fetch data of proximity nodes ?

Posted on May 24, 2018 at 14:23

Hi Vikrant, pls find the comments inline....

.....every NODE has its uniquely generated DEVICE Key which is random & can't be set (using user login credentials) as we could do it in case of NET & APP Key. Am I right ?

Comment-> This is correct since the device key is randomly generated

Now assume Provisioner app only knows what are NET & APP Keys but don't know what is individual DEVICE key. In that case

1) can Provisioner APP connect with node or n/w ?

Comment-> Yes, using Netkey and Appkey, connection to network is possible

2) can it re-create complete .json file by fetching data from NODE (for eg. DEVICE Key, subscribing & publishing address of every available model on Node etc. etc. ) ?

Comment-> This is not possible to do in the standard implementation. It may need some customizations

3) If yes,  is then provisioner App has to individually connect to every node OR by just connecting to one proxy node can fetch data of proximity nodes ?

Comment-> Proxy node do not store anything. The Device keys are shared only been Provisioner and individual nodes