cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS22DF I3C addressing

tcachat
Associate

Dear forum,

We plan to assemble five LPS22DF sensors on the same I3C bus and (off course) to address them individually. According to the datasheet (7.4.1 MIPI I3CSM CCC supported commands) the answer to GETPID can only have two values, depending on SDO state. Beside that answer to GETBCR and GETDCR are fixed. As far as we understand Dynamic Address Assignment of the I3C protocol, there is an issue.

We cannot use the I2C static address, because again it can have only two values, depending on SDO state.

We cannot use Enter Test Mode (ENTTM) command, because it is not supported by the LPS22DF. (Even if we could, we might have 5 different random values in the Provisioned IDs, but it would not help so much to identify each sensor.)

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @tcachat , 

You can't assemble five LPS22DF sensors on the same I3C bus with dynamic addressing because they have only two values of PID. 

Thank you!
Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @tcachat , 

You can't assemble five LPS22DF sensors on the same I3C bus with dynamic addressing because they have only two values of PID. 

Thank you!
Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.