cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F7 Discovery Board Country Restrictions - Grrrrrrrrrrrr

jerry2
Senior
Posted on July 08, 2015 at 21:45

Why is the new STM32F7 Discovery board availability restricted to Europe? None of the major U.S. distributors (Digikey, Mouser, Newark) have this board in stock, and when I try to order one from any of the non-U.S. distributors (Farnell, RS, Arrow), I get something like this when I try to place the order:

• We're sorry, but due to trading restrictions, we can not deliver to this address. Please use an alternative.
Is there some reason why ST is restricting this board to Europe at this time? This sucks!

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 08, 2015 at 21:56

Got mine from Mouser US in under 3-days...

Not sure how they set up the stock allocation, they did have US stock, and they sold them all, I would expect more to be available in the US shortly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on July 08, 2015 at 22:01

If you back-order it on Mouser they have another 42 coming in on 20-July, not sure how many are spoken for, but would suspect the restock date is similar for other US vendors.

You could also prod your local ST rep or distributor.

jerry2
Senior
Posted on July 08, 2015 at 22:03

Interesting... I've been checking stock at Mouser and Digikey ever since the announcement and have never seen any in stock. You must have gotten lucky and hit them at just the right time.

Posted on July 08, 2015 at 22:31

There's luck and there's strategy. Mouser had stock on 23-June, DigiKey 24-June

AVNET reportedly has 23 in US stock

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/LN1848/PF261641?sc=stm32f7-discovery

jerry2
Senior
Posted on July 09, 2015 at 04:47

AVNET does have 23 in stock, but the minimum order is 13 boards.

AVI-crak
Senior
Posted on July 09, 2015 at 06:44

Совершенно �?вободно могу купить до�?ку в Ро�?�?ии через не�?колько по�?редников, по цене 800$. Е�?ли у ва�? �?уще�?твуют трудно�?ти �? покупкой - покупайте через Ро�?�?ию.

Это поможет перейти на иные чипы без больших финан�?овых потерь.

Причём ещё до покупки через Ро�?�?ию.

Google Translation failed, in fact - the sadness.