Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F469 Discovery Kit with IAR EW Writing Outside Flash memory

aditya23
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2016 at 11:38

Hi,

I'm trying to program an STM32F469NI Discovery board with a default project from the Cube set of projects using IAR Embedded Workbench (v 7.50). The project builds fine, but while trying to program the device I get an error that says ''Writing outside flash memory at address 0x90000000''.

I can ''program'' the device if I don't use the flash loader, but then any changes I make are not reflected on the device, i.e. I started with just trying to replace text that is visible on the screen with debug words to see if my changes were having effect, they're not.

I tried to play around with the ICF file and other settings in the ''Project Options'' menu but to no avail.

I would appreciate any assistance towards this issue.

#stm32f4discovery
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on March 03, 2016 at 13:37

Not an IAR user, but sounds like you need to specify an algorithm to program the external SPI Quad Flash. Is this a .mac file under IAR?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
aditya23
Associate II
Posted on March 03, 2016 at 13:51

Sounds likely, but I don't really know how to set up an external flash loader. There are .board files used along with the flash loader but there is no specific one for this controller (469).

Does that help in any way?

Posted on March 03, 2016 at 17:45

Perhaps you can discuss with IAR customer support?

The ST-LINK Utilities have an External Loader to handle the Quad SPI devices, that code is supplied as source, so might provide a path.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
aditya23
Associate II
Posted on March 04, 2016 at 09:00

Thank you, I think I will. It seems to be a very niche problem so I'm not surprised it's uncommon.