Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2007 at 06:37

ICC vs ST72F321AR6 T6

1 REPLY 1
sisto
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2007 at 06:37

Hi there my friends,

I've found a systematic problem with ICC interface using inDART STX and concerning ST72F321AR6 T6 connections/protocols.

The question is that I am able to connect, for inDART debug or inDART programming operations, one time only, it seems like an OTP device.

All the successive attempts to connect to the target for any operation, results a ''Communication Error with target device'' after a correct GDI instrument initialization.

I attach the scope waveforms. Analyzing theese waveforms it seems to me that the ''Entering ICC Mode'' is correct and in accord with ''Controlled Window ICC Entry Mode'' (Par 3 and 3.1 of ICC PROTOCOL REFERENCE MANUAL.)

My Option Bytes configuratione are :

- Read Out protection : disabled

- Package selection : 0

- Voltage Detection selection : High Voltage Threshold (other choises tested too)

- Clock Security Sistem : Enabled (other choises tested too)

- Watchdog Activation : Software

- Watchdog at Halt Mode : Reset in Halt (other choises tested tool)

- PLL : Disabled (by-passed)

- Oscillator : HS: 8-16MHz

- Resonator Type Selection : Resonator Oscillator

- Reset Clock Cycle selection : Reset phase with 256 CPU Cycles (other choises tested too)

- Package selection : 0

P.S. I use and debug with inDART, the ST7 family from many years and so the ICC hardware connections are correct in according to the datasheet specifications.

I hope for any comment or suggestion to try to solve the ''empass'' :-[

best regards

Sisto Zanier

Private messages at :

mailto:sisto.zanier@mac.com

Attachments :

Waveforms-ICC-inDART_STX.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0D8&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bVp%2FV7enzKUGiUsrGQIGm6MJ0PPXowazSz1skDV25bopZoo&asPdf=false