cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCCR lost while clear read out protection, can we trim the value it back?

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 09:18

RCCR lost while clear read out protection, can we trim the value it back?

5 REPLIES 5
alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on April 04, 2005 at 15:42

RCCR lost while clear read out protection, can we trim the value it back? Any program can help in this case?

alok2
Associate II
Posted on April 05, 2005 at 04:01

ST EPB provide the facility to restore the RCCR value when read-out protection is disabled.

however if for a micro, its already lost, you need to do the clock calibration again manually to decide the value.

alanlai1
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2005 at 00:11

Thanks for your help.

I understood the method to keep the RCCR, by tick the box ''ICP OPT disable'' while disable the read out protection, it is no problem.

But because we missed the procedure, and about several hundred flash micro was done ....~__*

May be program can trim the value by testing... I hope to have faster method. because hard to trim everyone manually...*_*

Any good idea...? Thanks for your help.^

alok2
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 02:36

'' several hundred flash micro was done ....~__* ''...

difficult situation !! if you have implemeted IAP then upgrade the flah, else i am not sure if there are bank-programmers available to program several micro together.

if u have soldered these micros on app board...i dont know any solution..

sjo
Associate II
Posted on April 07, 2005 at 09:18

Sorry I am confused, if the RCCR cal values have been lost due to an erase restoring the default values is possible. Why would a calibration be required.

The factory programmed RCCR values are stored in a reserved area of the flash - only visible via ICC programming mode.

This is done by disabling then reenabling the readout protection, obviously the flash will also need writing again.

Do you not have a programming header on your target board?

Regards

sjo