Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2009 at 06:06

Migration from ST7LITE19 to ST7FOXK1

3 REPLIES 3
jps
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2009 at 06:59

Hi the very few guys on this forum!

I'm trying to start a new board with a ST7FOXK1 for the first time!

New controler, new tool (R-link from RAISONANCE). As using RIDE7 seems to be a big mess with assembly I'm using ST STVD7.

To test I'm using a program already running on a ST7LITE19. I've adapted the ''BYTES'' word and the ports init. I'm able to build my project to program the device to run step by step but nothing happends? I've reduced the program to just the init and setting a port to light a led!

I suppose there are some registers, not existing on the ST7LITE19, I have to write but I've looked for a while and don't find them! Maybe the interrup mapping is different (segment ''vectit'')?

Could someone help me ? A little exemple project just to drive a port will be welcome!

Regards

whitebull

fggnrc
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2009 at 10:21

whitebull,

what is the clock source in your new application?

Did you check that the clock is operating?

Have you enabled the MCO (master clock output) signal to measure its frequency with an oscilloscope?

Perhaps nothing happens because there is no clock signal.

bye,

EtaPhi

Post scriptum: check also the reset pin state.

jps
Associate II
Posted on March 22, 2009 at 06:06

Thank you EtaPhi,

You seem to be one of the few regular people on this very cold forum!

I've solved my first problem! As I was migrating from SOFTEC InDart with specific STVD7 to RAISONANCE R-Link with standard STVD7, I get a lot of trouble because of the settings! In fact I was not using the right s19 file! Now I can program but still not debugging! I've to spend time to read the ST help files!

New problem, I'm discovering ST7FOX and it's specific features, for example the pull-up inputs that comes mandatory with an interrupt! I've do my hardware as if I was using ST7LITE19 so no hard pull-up!

2 solutions :

1- I place pull-up resistors (difficult on my card already existing and very compact) and I set inputs as floating inputs whitout interrupt!

2- I find the way to disable external interrupt by software but keeping the Lite Timer interrupt (I use it to create a time base)!

If you have any idea on how to do that with the FOXK1 you're welcome!

Regards

whitebull