Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L-discovery with IAR EWARM : Weird LCD display

tengaimakyou
Associate II
Posted on June 24, 2012 at 23:13

Hello

I recently bought a STM32L-discovery and i try to print some message on the lcd display using some examples coming with IAR EWARM

(LCD_SegmentsDrive for example).

But when i use the function LCD_GLASS_DisplayString(''TEST''), the lcd hilights some segments in incomprehensible order.

i first tried to execute the program in RAM using ''Download and debug'' without achieving to print some readable message.

and when i pushed on reset, i had the normal message of the default program so i suppose than the board is OK.

I then tried Flashing memory using ''download active application'' but without success.

the Projet->option->debugger driver is set on ST-LINK and ST-LINK Reset on Normal, CLock Set up on 32.0 Mhz.

I let the jumpers on their default positions (2 jumpers on ST-Link and the jumper on JP1 on)

i am new to both EWARM and STM32 so if someone can help me.

Thanks.

#linker-bin-stm32-ewarm #stm32-discovery-iar-ewarm-lcd
5 REPLIES 5
tengaimakyou
Associate II
Posted on June 26, 2012 at 13:52

I change some parameters using this document :

http://netstorage.iar.com/SuppDB/Public/SUPPORT/004364/Programming%20BIN%20by%20EWARM%20_ST_.pdf

but i now have a build problem :

Fatal Error[Li001]: could not open file ''C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 6.4 Evaluation\arm\examples\ST\STM32L1xx\STM32L1xxHD_StdPeriph_Lib\Project\STM32L1xx_StdPeriph_Examples\LCD\ LCD_SegmentsDrive\demo.bin''

Error while running Linker

I don't know if it means that  demo.bin is not found (i though that it was the purpose of the build to create it) or can't be accessed.

When i create an empty demo.bin file, it builds but the file is not modified.

I am not sure to correctly configure Linker->Input, and the main difference with the document i found is that i use libraries.

I though that all this settings were made in by the example project. I use STM32L1xxHD_StdPeriph_Lib\ because i have read that the STM32L152RBT6 of the STM32L-discovery was a High density MCU and in Options -> device i put ST STM32L152xB.

If somebody have any suggestions.

Thanks

Posted on June 27, 2012 at 00:46

If you have the .bin or .map files open in other applications this will cause issues.

Windows 7 does not like User files under ''\Program Files'' it's generally considered bad form.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ss882
Associate II
Posted on August 16, 2012 at 20:18

Hey Pansoul,

I am also sailing in the same boat now...!

Did you solve that problem?

Can you help me??

Thanks,

Shweta

Posted on August 16, 2012 at 21:57

Try putting your projects in

C:\Users\WHOMEVER\IARProjects\

Or some other directory where you can actually have full access rights to your files, and AV software won't throw fits.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tengaimakyou
Associate II
Posted on September 27, 2012 at 15:46

Hello

Sorry for the late response. I don't know if you finally come up with EWARM and clive1 solution. As for me, i moved to Keil µVision and it works.