cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12, how are the interrupt pins internally connected?

echt
Associate
Posted on October 30, 2017 at 10:02

LIS2DW12, if interrupt pins (INT1 & INT2) are configured to open-drain mode, will they still work if the VDDIO supply is cutoff? (and the interrupt pins are pulled up to another supply voltage) and the VDD is still connected to 1,8V ? Will the VDD voltage still control the open-drain pins or is it completely fed by the VDDIO voltage?

#lis2dw12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 30, 2017 at 10:11

The control logic is powered from the VDDIO so the interrupts will not work if the VDDIO won't be connected.

I don't see a reason why would you do that. Usually the VDDIO remains connected and the VDD is switch on/off to reduce the power consumption.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee
Posted on October 30, 2017 at 10:11

The control logic is powered from the VDDIO so the interrupts will not work if the VDDIO won't be connected.

I don't see a reason why would you do that. Usually the VDDIO remains connected and the VDD is switch on/off to reduce the power consumption.

Posted on October 30, 2017 at 10:44

In our application, we would like to leave the LIS2DW12 always on in some lowpower mode. I thought we still would have some leakage on the VDDIO side of things. But the internal pull-ups are on pins we don't use. 

Thanks for the quick response. My question is answered.