Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC560C40L1 ADC related issues

Santhamurthy R
Associate II
Posted on May 15, 2017 at 11:03

Hello,

I am working on SPC560C40L1 board. I should make use of ADC peripheral and I noticed that there exists three different ADC type pins. (GPI, ANS and ANX). The functional description of each ADC pin is not described in the datasheet or reference manual.

Kindly share me the functional description of different ADC pin types which will make us to select the appropriate ADC pin in our hardware design. Also kindly suggest the best ADC pin type among GPI, ANS and ANX.

Thanking you in Advance

with Regards,

R.Santhamurthy

#adc #spc56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on May 17, 2017 at 16:22

Hello R. Santhamurphy ,

There is no document about :

here a small answer :

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkgqBSAR

There is some examples ADC Applications (cf application wizard in SPC5Studio)

To configure or to use a Standard / precision channel has the same spirit.

Best regards

Erwan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erwan YVIN
ST Employee
Posted on May 16, 2017 at 09:24

Hello R. Santhamurphy ,

You can check the Pinmap Wizard in SPC5Studio for more clarification about the Pins

it is a good designer tool.

All the ADC pins are Analog Pins

The best ADC pins for conversion is a Precise channel not a standard channel.

Best regards

Erwan

Posted on May 17, 2017 at 12:51

Hi Erwan,

Thanks for your kind reply.

I referred to the pinmap wizard which shows the information of the pins and its possible inputs and outputs.

But I am trying to understand the operational difference between the standard and precision ADC types on SPC platform. I tried to gather the information on behavior of controller in both standard and precision modes but those information are not described in any of the manuals.

Does it differs in frequency of sampling? Is it possible to vary the sampling rate in the standard ADC mode? what actually makes the precision ADC differ from the standard ADC on SPC platform.

Also I found that, in most of the ADC test applications in SPC5studio, they preferred to use standard type ADC, Is there any specific reason for using standard type ADC in test applications?

Kindly share the ADC test application for SPC560B54L5, configured in Precision mode, if it differs from the standard ADC test application (other then pin selection)

Thanks in Advance,

With Regards,

R.Santhamurthy

Posted on May 17, 2017 at 16:22

Hello R. Santhamurphy ,

There is no document about :

here a small answer :

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkgqBSAR

There is some examples ADC Applications (cf application wizard in SPC5Studio)

To configure or to use a Standard / precision channel has the same spirit.

Best regards

Erwan