cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM8L051F3P6 Power-up grey zone

Plum
Associate II

I'm finding a window between 1.47V and 1.5V where the device is consuming 1mA (as opposed to <50uA) this is only apparent when the voltage is rising and I assume the device trying to power on. The documentation states it has zero power on reset but this behavior doesn't seem to match.

I also found this paragraph which I thought was related

When the BOR is disabled, a "grey zone" exists between the minimum operating voltage

(1.65 V)(a) and the VPOR/VPDR threshold. This means that VDD can be lower than 1.65 V

without device reset until the VPDR threshold is reached. For more details concerning the

power on/power down reset threshold, refer to the electrical characteristics of the datasheet

but the footnote states: "Not applicable on STM8L05xx value line devices. Refer to datasheets for more details" Which is what I have so now I'm not sure.

I'm just looking for a way to prevent this spike in power consumption, I tried enabling the BOR_ON bit in the options but it made no difference.

Do I have to resort to external circuitry or is there a way to prevent this via the chip configuration?

0 REPLIES 0