#can-init #stm8s-can-example
15 REPLIES 15
olga
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 15:01

Hello Cam,

you have also to go to the following menu:

'Project'--> 'Settings'--> 'C Compiler'

Select the category 'Preprocessor' and in the 'Additional include directories' include the include library directory (\STM8SFWlib\FWLib\library\inc).

Let me know...

Regards,

Olga

cshaw
Associate II

Thanks Olga,

Your suggestion got me a step further but it didn't totally fix the problem I was having. I had created the project in one folder and then put the source files in a sub-folder of the project folder. When I built the project the compiler decided to un-include the stm8_interrupt_vector.c file that I had chosen from the sub-folder and it would then use the stm8_interrupt_vector.c file from the base project folder, which was actually for a different project. Lesson learned: create a seperate project folder for each project within a workspace!

The project also needed your suggestion, so thanks for your help!

Cam

olga
Associate II

Just in case you want to leave the file in the sub-folder, you can change the stm8_interrupt_vector.c file throught this link:

'Project'--> 'Settings'--> 'Linker'

Select the category 'Input' and after select the vector file that you want.

Regards,

Olga

achyut
Associate

Hello Everyone,

I am new to STM microcontrollers and have started working with STM8/128 Eval board. I am experimenting with the CAN feature available with the Firmware library. But I am facing an issue with Initialisation of CAN controller. The function CAN_Config tries to Init the CAN controller by setting neccessary bits in CAN_MCR register but never comes out of the Init state and CAN Tx or Rx attempts there after. I wanted to check if some one has faced the same issue and was able to fix it.

Regards,

Achyut

sandeep2
Associate II

I have a trivial question here.

What directory structure would you recommend while using the examples from the firmware library?

An example folder contains some source & header files. After creating a new project, peripheral specific source files and the library inc files are also required. So, any suggestions about how to maintain particular directory structure? Should some files be copied into new directories or should they be used from their current location?

-SU

[ This message was edited by: sandeep.undale on 23-03-2009 08:06 ]

kamalanindian
Associate
Posted on July 23, 2012 at 13:25

how to check carry flag in stm8l