cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the stm8s_conf.h exists ?

Mahendra
Associate II

Dear experts,

I have a problem with stm8s_conf.h file. I download the Standard Peripheral Libraries officially from ST web page. After I put them all into STVD, I mean the .c and .h files, then I compile. The compiler detects that stm8s_conf.h does not exist.

0693W0000059XlXQAU.jpgI try to check the stm8s_conf.h from SPL and thats true. I could not find the stm8s_conf.h file. So, I have to find it from another sources like github or something else. Back to the question, Is the stm8s_conf.h really exist ?

Thank you & best regards,

Mahendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hi, Mahendra,

you will find the stm8s_conf.h in folder Project\STM8S_StdPeriph_Template if you downloaded the SPL here. It is also contained in all folders of the STM8S_StdPeriph_Examples.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select it best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Hi, Mahendra,

you will find the stm8s_conf.h in folder Project\STM8S_StdPeriph_Template if you downloaded the SPL here. It is also contained in all folders of the STM8S_StdPeriph_Examples.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select it best.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for giving the solution. You are right. The file are in there. But, would you like to tell me why the file is placed separately ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mahendra

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, because stm8s_conf.h does not refer to a peripheral device, but contains the description of all STM8 families, which only includes those peripherals that are present in the specified family. Please refer to the help file stm8s-a_stdperiph_lib_um.chm, where you find some additional information:

Contents > STM8S/A Standard Peripheral Library --> Description of Peripherals drivers

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Good luck!

/Peter

Mahendra
Associate II

Got it. Very well explanations. Thank you.

Mahendra