cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the pins map of STM8S001J3?

MQi.1
Senior II

I have a chip with 8 pins, but I could find the start sign for pins order, should I start from left-bottom or left-upward corner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

0693W000008zLYXQA2.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0693W000008zLYXQA2.jpg

MQi.1
Senior II

There was no RST pin, if I want to program it with ST-Link V2 in SWIM, how to connect "RST" pin?

Not really my part, I suppose you could gate the power to it, and reset it that way.

If its low power, power it via the NRST pin.

NSidd.1
Associate

As the NRST pin is not available on this device, if the SWIM pin should be used with the I/O pin functionality, it is recommended to add a ~5 seconds delay in the firmware before changing the functionality on the pin with SWIM functions. This action allows the user to set the device into SWIM mode after the device power on and to be able to reprogram the device. If the pin with SWIM functionality is set to I/O mode immediately after the device reset, the device is unable to connect through the SWIM interface and it gets locked forever. This initial delay can be removed in the final (locked) code. If the initial delay is not acceptable for the application there is the option that the firmware reenables the SWIM pin functionality under specific conditions such as during firmware startup or during application run. Once that this procedure is done, the SWIM interface can be used for device debug/programming.