cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi support team, I'm working with the stm8a-discovery evaluation board and ST recommends use cosmic c to used with ST Visual Develop software.. Could you please bring me the software please? Best regards, Tania

TVela.1
Associate III

7 REPLIES 7

https://www.cosmicsoftware.com/download_stm8_free.php

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TVela.1
Associate III

Hi Tesla DeLorean,

Thank you for your comments, could you please point me what is the cosmic version for "stm8a-discovery"?

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bijDaQAI.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bijDfQAI.pngAlso, I'm trying with IAR workbench stm8 but i had this issue with the ST-link (when is compile a example project (SimpleLEDBlinkExample)). What do you think it is due to? I tried to solve it but no success.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bijE4QAI.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bijDzQAI.png 

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Tania

I'd seriously recommend migrating away from the STM8, to perhaps the STM32C0 or similar ARM CM0(+) platform that has some more long-term support / traction behind it.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your proposal but it's a existing product. I must turn on a led with a button for a electrical test but I'm having too much issues to find a software and tools.

Hi Tesla DeLorean,

Do you know what is my issue? and how can I solve it?
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biuKJQAY.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biuY0QAI.pngI'm using the ST-link v2 with the STM8 part as you can see below.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biuKAQAY.png 

AA1
Senior III

stm8a-discovery have an embedded ST-LINK. So you don't need an external ST-LINK. See UM1574.

TVela.1
Associate III

Sorry, I forgot to mention, but now I am using the STM8L151C8 MCU, I solved the issue with stm8a-discovery.