cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. I'm from Brazil. A week ago I sent my data information to Cosmic in order to get my license to C compiler but did not have any response since. Yesterday I sent another email to stm8_free@cosmic.fr to confirm if they got my message but no response .

LSilv.2
Associate

I'd like to know if this e-mail address is active

16 REPLIES 16

Should not be too much of a problem to extend a free license by having a functional licensing server ?

The compiler worked nicely in the STVD not requiring any further support but the expired license is no longer extended for whatever reason.

If STM sells chips in the range of 70cts they can not expect one to purchase a development platform @ 1000 or more. I will have dump my STM8S chips and the development done and use chips supported by reliable compilers. Anyways STM should rethink their coop with Cosmic and either incorporate a free unlimited in their STVD environment or no longer stress that the compiler is FOC.

And maybe someone translates the meaning "has been sent" to the French - "has been" is now more than 2 weeks ago !

Your "license generation system" does not work for me. Why don't you just sell your great STM8 compiler to STM to get rid of the FlexLm for that value line ? I don't understand either of you two companies !

What is your specific problem with the licensing system? It's been working for many people, day and night, for some years now, and *all* the problems we've ever been able to confirm for it come from the fact that the email with the license gets blocked by automatic filters (antispam, firewall..) before reaching the requesting person.

If the licensing system does not work for you, you still have the option to contact us by email or telephone: my own email is written in plain text in this same discussion, and my telephone number is not difficult to find either (on our website), but as far as I can tell we've not been hearing from you (at least under that name: I don't see any license request on the logs of our website either) lately..

Of course you also have the option to buy the perennial license, and the the problem of renewal will be gone forever: many pro Customers take this option, you might want to evaluate it as well.

Well the "licensing system" simply does not seem to be functioning and sure I have checked spam mail and I have even tried with different mail addresses. Your licensing server always prompts "the licencse HAS BEEN sent" and it may take some time to process.

For STM32's we are using a different compiler and STM8 product line is used primarily for evaluation purposes and minor projects and has been used BECAUSE a good and free compiler seemed to be available. I will write you a PM with my mail address and maybe you find the unprocessed requests.

THANK YOU Luca for immediately sending the new license file.

I felt a bit left alone as the online license request was not successful for almost two weeks.

The compiler works like a charm again now !

PSaei.1
Associate

I sent license email about a week ago but still haven’t received anything

@luca239955_stm1_st​ 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..