STM8 MCUs

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hello, i am using STM8L151C8T6 for learning purpose where i want to access the port of the MCU. I have initialize the port B and Port E of the controller high with the power on. (PB.0 and PE.0) and configure them with pull-up and in fast mode.

when i probed the pin of the respected port and view them on the MSO i found the delay between them.Port B was initialize first and port E later even though initialize the Port E first and Port B later. i don't want this delay between the port E and ...

0690X00000Arxy1QAB.png

Resolved! STM8 Standard Library and Cosmic produces huge code?

I'm using ST Visual develop and Cosmic to program a STM8S003K3 and I'm thought it would be nice to use the STM8 Standard Library (downloaded from ST.COM). Within a very short time I got errors telling me that I tried to put more code in the MCU than ...

Willunen by Associate III
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

STM8001J3 - Cannot communicate with the device!

I used ST Visual Programmer to check if soldering's been completed well.I didn't open any files but just clicked the programming tab (the red arrow one) but the message that it cannot communicate with the device popped up. It still didn't work when I...

JAn.1610 by Associate II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Repeated start condition as I2C Slave in polling mode

We are currently experiencing a problem with the STM8AL3166, The I2C is set up as slave and when reading data from the STM8, first a sub-address is writtten to the STM8 whereafter a repeated start is issued. The I2C must be working in polling mode)....

STM8AF UART Baudrate limitation in stdlib.

I've noticed that in the STM8 standard peripheral libraries, in the UART3_Init function there is an assertion checking the baud setting:assert_param(IS_UART3_BAUDRATE_OK(BaudRate)), which limits the baudrate to 625000.BUT according to the datasheet t...

NKorn.3 by Associate
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PWM does not start on TIM1

I'm trying to use TIM1 to output a PWM signal on stm8s103f3 using the standard library (patched) with sdcc compiler.The output goes high, but there's no signal.#include "stm8s.h" #include "stm8s_it.h" /* SDCC patch: required by SDCC for interrupts...

BSerb by Associate II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

I would like some doubts clarified

I've been working with STM8S chips for about 2-3 months now, and would like my doubts clarified:What is the state of the RAM in the chip after a software/watchdog reset(Not BOR or POR, obviously). I have assumed the RAM is not disturbed by the Reset,...

I have stm8l discovery and Can any one help with i2c configuration here. I am using LP55231 led driver and I do not know whether this configuration is correct.

Please go through the code and help me out in the configuration.void i2c_init(void) {  I2C1_FREQR = 0x20;// 16mHz  I2C1_CCRL = 0x50; // 160  I2C1_OARH = 0x40; // 7-bit addressing and add-mode configuration  I2C1_CR1 = 0x01; // enable peripheral}void ...

VSrin by Associate II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos