cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB and ST-Link can't be plugged in at the same time for the STM32MP257F-EV1 board

Carson
Associate III

Hello, 

I am trying to work on the STM32MP257F-EV1 development board and am running into an interesting issue. Whenever I have both the USB (For booting) and the ST-Link (For power and using minicom) plugged in at the same time booting the image to the board doesn't work, it will boot up to partition 0x03 and then reconnect and start over until I force cancel it. Is there anything I can do in order to allow both of those to be plugged in at the same time?

Thanks,

Carson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Oliver, 

I figured out that most of my problems stemmed from using ST link to supply power instead of the Jack. When I changed that the problems seemed to go away. Also switching to a linux machine helped. Thanks!

Carson

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Carson 

Can you please precise in which boot mode you are ? 

Serial boot mode to flash the board or SDCard/eMMC boot mode ? 

Sharing the trace you get on console might help to investigate what's going wrong

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Oliver, 

I figured out that most of my problems stemmed from using ST link to supply power instead of the Jack. When I changed that the problems seemed to go away. Also switching to a linux machine helped. Thanks!

Carson