cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to programme STM32L452 in DFU mode through STM32CubeProg version 2.4.0

VK Verma
Senior

Hi!

I tried to use STM32CubeProg version 2.4.0 with Nucleo-L452RE by using repository example : stm32cube_fw_l4_v1150\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L452RE\Applications\USB_Device\DFU_Standalone

As shown in the screenshot, the board is able to enumerate itself and after selecting USB interface out of many like UART/STLINK/ OTA it shows USB1 port with serial no. 206XXX, but when trying to load DFU file, its window does not show/ recognise DFU whereas the same is present in the destination folder.

• Kindly advice where I misunderstood the whole process?
  • Whether Cube Programmer have been tested with any STM32 platform through USB DFU?0693W000000UMcMQAW.bmp
3 REPLIES 3
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @VK Verma​ ,

You don't need DFU files with STM32CubeProgrammer.

You can directly program .hex .bin .srec and .elf files generated by your favourite IDE .

regards,

Houda

VK Verma
Senior

Hi @Houda GHABRI​ 

Thanks for your reply !

I followed these steps.

Step 1 : Uploaded repository example of Standalone DFU mode from this location

D:\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.5.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\USB_Device\DFU_Standalone

Step 2 : connected the USB port with STM32CubeProgrammer application as you can see below in the picture.

Step 3: Loaded gipo toggling .hex file from D:\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.5.0\Projects\P-NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle

Result: nothing happened the cube programmer progress bar moves infinitely without loading .hex file into device.

even after restarting, the device remains in and appears as DFU device.

Please advice were I am wrong.

Thanks and Best Regards,

VK Verma

0693W000000Uj36QAC.bmp

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @VK Verma​ ,

The downloaded application (Led toggle) is targeting the same area of your DFU bootloader.

The link address of your application must be a sector not used by DFU Code.

regards,

Houda