cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer cannot connect to NUCLEO-F207ZG board in bootloader mode via UART interface

RConf.1
Associate II

I have a NUCLEO-F207ZG board and STM32CubeProgrammer v2.7.0. I would like to use the embedded bootloader located in system memory.

So, first I activate bootloader mode pulling-up pin 138 (boot0) of the MCU. Then, in order to verify this first operation, I connect NUCLEO-F207ZG board to STM32CubeProgrammer via ST-LINK/V2-1 interface. The board connect succesfully and if I browse in the MCU Core menu I can see the Program Counter value is in the system memory range address.

My next step is to disconnect NUCLEO-F207ZG board from the STM32CubeProgrammer and to select the UART interface (configuration is shown in the attached image) . When I click the Connect button, I get the following message error (see also the attached image):

Error: Activating device: KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration. Reset your device then try again...

I tried resetting the board, but it didn't solve the problem.

Could you tell me please how to solve this problem, please?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Riccardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @RConf.1​ ,

To connect this NUCLEO-F207ZG board in bootloader mode via UART interface you need to :

-Make sure that Boot0 is connected to VDD and Boot1 is connected to GND

-Make sure to connect RX/TX pin , you can use PB10 (USART3 in transmission mod) and PB11 pin(USART3 in reception mode )

-Select the appropriate port

0693W00000APADeQAP.png 

You can refer to AN2606 document for UART connection and Board schematic for pins .

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @RConf.1​ ,

To connect this NUCLEO-F207ZG board in bootloader mode via UART interface you need to :

-Make sure that Boot0 is connected to VDD and Boot1 is connected to GND

-Make sure to connect RX/TX pin , you can use PB10 (USART3 in transmission mod) and PB11 pin(USART3 in reception mode )

-Select the appropriate port

0693W00000APADeQAP.png 

You can refer to AN2606 document for UART connection and Board schematic for pins .

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda