cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to read 0x0C000000 location of STM32U575ZIT via STM32Cube Programmer.

vijay_03
Associate II

Hi,

I am using MB1549C devkit for STM32U5. I have enabled trust zone and created one application.

Now I wanted to update firmware via native bootloader over UART.

I have tried to connect it over UART2, I got read error over 0x0C00 0000 where secure firmware is loaded. even I am not able to erase firmware. I am able to read data from 0x0810 0000.

Here my secure and non secure code .ld file mapping.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIKlQAM.png 

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIH8QAM.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIIGQA2.pngCan you please guide me, How can I update firmware of mcu which has trustzone enabled via native bootloader using uart?

Please check option byte of needed. I have attached image.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIIaQAM.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIJOQA2.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjIJTQA2.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bjICiQAM.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pierre_Paris
ST Employee

Hello @vijay_03​ ,

You said : "I got read error over 0x0C00 0000 where secure firmware is loaded. even I am not able to erase firmware."

• In fact, you must want to access this secure address from a non secure zone. What is your RDP level ?

To answer your question : "How can I update firmware of mcu which has trustzone enabled via native bootloader using uart?"

• The best solution is to use X-CUBE-SBSFU (Secure Boot and Secure Firmware Update). That expansion package allows to update the STM32 microcontroller built-in program with new firmware versions. The update process is performed in a secure way to prevent unauthorized updates and access to confidential on-device data. You can find more information about X-CUBE-SBSFU here.
  • If the Trustzone isn't necessary in your application, you can also disable it.

Regards

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pierre_Paris
ST Employee

Hello @vijay_03​ ,

You said : "I got read error over 0x0C00 0000 where secure firmware is loaded. even I am not able to erase firmware."

• In fact, you must want to access this secure address from a non secure zone. What is your RDP level ?

To answer your question : "How can I update firmware of mcu which has trustzone enabled via native bootloader using uart?"

• The best solution is to use X-CUBE-SBSFU (Secure Boot and Secure Firmware Update). That expansion package allows to update the STM32 microcontroller built-in program with new firmware versions. The update process is performed in a secure way to prevent unauthorized updates and access to confidential on-device data. You can find more information about X-CUBE-SBSFU here.
  • If the Trustzone isn't necessary in your application, you can also disable it.

Regards

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.