cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reprogram stm32F769 DISCO board with the original DEMO code that it shipped with?

CDyer.1
Senior

Hi guys,

I'm playing around with the board in the question and I'm struggling with it even though I'm fairly familiar with the F767 Nucleo. What I want:

to reprogram the demo that came on to the board for now, as I haven't managed to get the display on the board working at all since before then. I've downloaded the stm32f769 disco demo that includes the appropriate .HEX

What I've done:

I've upgraded st-link using the upgrade utility. Within STM32 Cube programmer, I've selected the appropriate External Loader for my disco board. My board is connected via st-link and is recognised by cube programmer.

On the erasing and Programming tab I've selected the correct .HEX file and the device begins to program. The file is about 120MB and so takes a good while to program.

0693W000004GiAmQAK.png

Once the programming has complete, cube programmer tells me that it was successful. However the screen is corrupted, as per the image.

0693W000004GiEKQA0.jpg

Any suggestions with this would be great, it's probably something that I'm doing wrong

13 REPLIES 13
Mike_ST
ST Employee

---

Hi Mike, I'm getting the error "this page has moved or doesn't exist". Bad link?​

Mike_ST
ST Employee

Oh, sorry, try the following link:

In case anyone has similar issues as the one in the top post. If you follow the same exact procedures but use THIS binary instead, everything works. Any other Binary files posted on STs site are either broken or require the media to be added externally via the USB.