cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Device is under read out protection!" error when trying to program STM32F070RBT6 using USB port, Only on certain PCs

AAlla.1
Associate II

When trying to connect:

0693W00000Kb1R2QAJ.pngWhen trying the same thing on a different PC (works on 3 different PCs, doesn't work on 3 other PCs). with the same IC it connects and programs with no issues.

I checked the SW version of Cube programmer, on the 3 PCs that it worked they had versions v2.2.0, v2.6.0 and v2.9.0. The PCs that did not work all had versions v2.9.0.

Someone suggested I check what Java version is installed on the PCs. They all have(working and not working):

java -version

java version "1.8.0_321"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_321-b07)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.321-b07, mixed mode)

I also checked what version of Drivers was beeing used all PCs are using the same version:

0693W00000Kb1TnQAJ.pngI am not sure what else could be different between the different PCs that could be causing such an error, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andre Allain

3 REPLIES 3
MM..1
Chief II

Different on PCs is USB port chipsets and drivers. Too cables connectors maybe differ.

AAlla.1
Associate II

The same cable was used accross all PCs.

Also tried multiple ports, front panel and rear. Always with the same results.

One more thing, Once the IC is programmed Serial communication thru Tera term is possible accross all PCs, but still unable to connect to STM Cube programmer on certain PCs

Thank you

Andre

AAlla.1
Associate II

We found a work around by using a Type-C USB3.0 hub between the PC and the IC.

I would be very appreciative If some one could explain why this happens.

Thank you.

Andre